Thursday 11 April 2013

Request!

Hi guys!
How are we all?

Since starting my blog I have been receiving many kind and inspiring comments- along with many questions. So I thought I would write a little post on the one's that I cannot answer in one sentence!

So here goes;

'How do you conquer cravings and gain self control in order to stop yourself from eating, 'bad things'?

Such a great question! The answers to this that worked, personally, for me came through experience of healthy eating and 'diet'. Getting yourself into the right mindset is extremely important when trying to lose weight. Thinking of healthy eating as a diet is a bad thing as it can set your mind up for failure. The word, 'diet' has negative connotations and sounds as if it is as much as a chore as doing the dishes or hoovering. Making healthy changes in your current diet will make you feel like it is a lot more achievable.

My top tips;

- WATER !
Water, water and more water! Good old H20 is extremely under-estimated in the secret to losing weight. Water in itself is a great way to flush out all of the bad toxins in your body, cleaning out your system and hydrating you internally, as well as externally in your skin and hair.

So, how can water help you lose weight you say? I tend to use water as a tactic of telling my very greedy brain that I am actually full. In no way am I saying, 'replace meals with water', as there is absolutely no replacement for food and its nutrients. What I am saying is, whenever you have a craving to go into the sweetie tin, cut yourself a slice of cake from your Sisters birthday last week, dive straight into the freezer for a large scoop of Ben & Jerry's... Simply get a pint of water down you. Not only will you feel full, but the severe amount of water you intake will make you feel bloated almost, making you not want to go near any snacks for the next hour! Drinking water before/during your meals also helps in the filling up process and makes you feel fuller for longer!

- RID YOUR KITCHEN OF TEMPTATIONS !
I cannot stress enough how much this will help you out in losing weight. Especially if you are home frequently during the day, having zero temptations in the house and having healthy substitutes will really aid in losing weight. Unfortunately, having an older brother in the house who's metabolism is faster than a bullet train, a younger sister at age 11  (I probably have more fat in my left butt cheek compared to her full body), and a step-dad who eats whatever, whenever, proved extremely difficult. On the other hand, looking back at it with a positive mind, it really taught me self- control and I still managed to lose just under 60lbs!

- REPLACE TEMPTATIONS WITH NATURAL SUGARS !
Your body needs sugars and when you crave something sweet, it is most likely your bodies way of saying it needs it (unless your greedy like me). Replacing chocolate and crisps with fruits that contain natural sugars instead of refined, processed sugars is a great tip. Mixing these fruits with a Greek plain yoghurt can really supress your appetite and keep you full until your next meal.

- BUY LOWER CAL/SUGAR/FAT SUBSTITUTES OF YOUR FAVOURITE SNACKS !
Weight- watchers really do a fantastic range of treats that are lower calorie and guilt free. I don't follow their diet plan, but their products are a great substitute. Personal snacking favourites from their range for me are; Their tomato & italian herb crisps (to die for) and their cake slices (chocolate brownie, yum!) I am also a great lover of frozen yoghurt and the, 'Yoo-Moo' range. They come in personal pots and contain less than 170 cals per serving. They come in all sorts of beautiful flavours, but the best part is they taste just like ice cream! HEAVEN! You can find these in the ice- cream aisle in ASDA.

There are always other options out there that will suit you and your personal diet!


And last but not least...

- ALLOW YOURSELF A TREAT
I currently follow the rule that I work hard in the gym 3/4 times (mostly 4) Monday- Friday and eat very healthily. However when the weekend arrives I let myself go. I mean I don't scoff down two dominoes pizzas, or eat a kilo of ice-cream... I enjoy a drink, (or two... ;)) and enjoy rewarding my efforts with that something I have been wanting all week. Whether its some ice cream, some wine, a chow mein or a mountain of popcorn I allow myself to eat it and I take the time to enjoy it. It really conquers your cravings during the week and is a more realistic way of living, instead of starving yourself of your favourite things! I mean you only live once after all!


I think that's all for now, if I remember anything else important I will be sure to let you know that I have added it in. I really hopes this helps and whenever you reach for the chocolate bar, allow yourself a square, not the whole bar! (unless that its your treat at the weekend!). Everything in moderation guys! 

                                   Stay focused and positive


















6 comments:

  1. I remember when those jeans fitted you.... wow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! Well they ones were primark 'jeggings' and I have a vivid memory of them being really really tight around my legs, and catching a glimpse of them in a shop mirror and feeling awful. So glad to be RID of them! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Great post!! I wish I liked water, I'm such a weirdo hahah xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Haha I used to be the same, I force myself to drink it now haha! I do prefer some fizzzzzzz! xxx

      Delete
  3. What exercise do you do?....I'm always so negative about going to gym, classes etc cause I think its not going to make a difference so why bother? Terrible attitude I know! =/ but I feel I just need someone to tell me what actually works in terms of fat loss and toning up. I've tried cutting calories and going to gym 3 times a week and just stayed the same weight so I gave up! x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. marijuana rehab center

    ReplyDelete