Monday 15 April 2013

Monday Madness


Good Evening Ladies & Gents!


I feel like it has been ages since I posted properly and not just a wee quickie from my mobile app. Had a pretty busy weekend with work etc, so I think now that I am getting into the swing of things with my blog, my main posts shall be done during the working week, (Mon-Fri) just like the way I work my strict diet and fitness plan!

Now that it's Monday, I thought I'd dive straight back into things with another fantastic foodie tip & later go on to introduce you all to the fitness side of my life!

A couple of days back I was introduced into the world of stewed apples. (Y'know, the inside of apple pie!) I know that I absolutely adore the inside of apple pie (and well, apple pie in general, but lets get back on topic...) So I decided that I would steal this recipe off of my Step-Mother and try it for myself and let you guys know how it's done!

Stewed apples- apart from being a great apple pie filler- can also be used with less sugar for a more healthy topping on porridge or even a smoothie filler! The making of this is extremely easy and I was so shocked how quickly I managed to make this!

Ingredients;

- Bramley Cooking Apples
**TOP TIP**
Buy as many apples as you like as you can make this in batches and freeze it all and it will last until the end of time! Although it tastes too good to leave it that long! (In this first instance of trying the recipe I bought 6 medium to large apples which would do roughly 3/4 servings depending on how much you use)

- Sugar/Low calorie sweetener

-Cinnamon (Not essential)


Method

- Wash, peel, chop and core the apples into small pieces
- Pop into a microwaveable dish and sprinkle your sugar/sweetener and/or cinnamon all over the the apples (bearing in mind, the less sugar/sweetener you use the apples will be quite sour, so it is all about personal preference. You can also cook the apples first then add the sugar/sweetener and/or cinnamon at the end to see what you prefer!
- Pop it all into the microwave for roughly 10 minutes (could be less depending on your microwave power) taking the mixture out regularly to check up on it and mash it all together
- Once cooked, pop the mixture into some plastic containers and freeze for future use and... VOILA!
Now you have a different topping for your porridge or ingredient to add to your smoothies, or even to mix with some Greek yoghurt as a tasty desert or snack! Yummyyyyy!
I really hope you find this quick and simple recipe interesting and useful, its cheap and tasty so why not give it a go and let me know how you get on?

Make sure to follow me for regular blog updates and as always, keep strong, work hard and achieve your dreams!














No comments:

Post a Comment