Wednesday 1 May 2013

Protein Pancakes & My Lovely Friends & Followers


To follow on from yesterdays pancake post, (I seem to have caught pancake fever) I decided to combine the excitement of my new whey protein that arrived in the post and my new found love for pancakes and created some protein pancakes, YUM!

To be perfectly honest, absolutely none of this was measured out. I am one for experimenting and chucking a bunch of stuff into my blender and hoping for the best. In this case, it seemed to work so I thought I'd share these, 'guesstimates' with you all.

The protein I used can be found at; www.myprotein.com which is a superb site and has decent prices. I got the Impact diet Whey in Double Chocolate flavour because I am still in the process of losing weight and want to achieve lean muscle and the protein helps do this as it repairs them quickly after a work out! There are many flavours so check them out! I don't use these as meal replacements or anything because I do not believe in meal replacements for long term, healthy weight loss. Meal replacements can be great for short term weight-loss but as soon as you begin to eat normal solid foods again, there are high chances you will put the weight back on. And who wants to do that to themselves? There is no substitute for a healthy varied diet and exercise when losing weight. PERIOD. (Excuse the Americanism there, but I was feeling quite dramatic) So here we go!






1; I made my protein pancakes for 2 people so I used 4 eggs. Adjust this to your preference. Combine with milk in a blender.





2; Next I added a tea spoonful of baking powder (This can be optional but made the pancakes more fluffy)







3; Time for protein! I added a large scoop and a half. Upon reflection, I could have added more for a thicker batter.





4; Next I added a large banana. I added this to the blender in quaters. Blame my boyfriend for the bad photo.





5; Blend blend blend! I added some cinnamon in the mix as well. (optional)





6; The batter should be a quite a thick consistency. Add to your frying pan or griddle and make sure the heat isn't too high so that it doesn't burn! Mmm golden brown banana and chocolate pancakes...





7; Simply add your favourite toppings to your stack! Apple and peanut butter go amazingly or even some honey!





8; Sit back and enjoy! Looking at this photo I could really eat them again, they were that awesome...








Moving away from all this pancake talk, I would really like to take a wee moment to say thank you to all my lovely friends and followers on my blog for supporting me! It sounds so cheesy, but I was so nervous about starting a blog like this up as I didn't want to sound like I knew everything but I've realized that my experience of losing weight really does mean something to people as it is proof that anyone can do it! I also love the fact that you guys are trying out my tips and tricks with my recipes and I'm also so proud of all those that have decided to get fit through reading my blog and my experience. I compiled a small selection of some of the lovely positive things that my blog has brought about and the examples of why I will keep writing and helping you all out whenever I can. I want to be the reason you never gave up. I want you all to fit into that pair of skinny jeans, those high-waisted shorts, or that bikini. I want you all to feel confident! YOU CAN DO IT!

Thank you guys, it really does mean a lot. :)


Emily xx















No comments:

Post a Comment